A commonly accepted definition for a technician is “a person whose job is keeping a particular type of equipment or machinery in good condition”. A mechanic can therefore be seen as a labourer who can fix things, but a technician generally has a more detailed, technical knowledge of how things work, but who can also work as a mechanic. Trail and Tar is proud to have the three following technicians looking after your bicycles: Grant, Anthony and Joel. Mali, our bike wash wizard has been keeping our customers bike spotless since we opened doors.
Book your service now by contacting our workshop manager:
Phone: +27 (0)21 712 1781
Trail and Tar Workshop pricelist
Bike Wash and Lube: R100
• Wash,Lube PDI Inspection
• Check,replace and set brakes. Replace parts if required.
• Brake bleed per end R50 extra
• Reset Barrel adjusters, Front & Rear Derailleur, straighten hanger.
• Replace Gear Parts if required i.e Cables, Chains, Cass, J wheels.
• Inspect Tyre pressure, ware, tubes or Sealant Level
Standard Service: R650.00
• All points covered in Mini Service Plus.
• Remove, clean, grease and refit H-set or replace.
• Remove, clean, grease and refit Bottom Bracket or replace.
• True, balance wheels and replace 2 – 3 spokes and Lube.
• Remove, clean and re-grease pedal threads.
• Check and adjust Fork and shock, lube and reset lockout.
• Torque and check rear pivots.
Trail and Tar testimonials
“I have been using Trail and Tar for several years now, for servicing of all my bicycles, plus 2 complete bike builds. It has been a great experience and one where I have got to know the whole team at the shop. Workmanship has been great. I have also made use of them at the Wine 2 Whales and for the last three years, at the Cape Epic from a service pack side of things. The guys have done an awesome job in keeping the bike sound. PLUS adding a great vibe at their tech station where we used their physio services as well. It has been so good in fact that my brother and I have moved into the “supporters village” with Trail and Tar and stayed with the guys for the whole cape Epic, using his team to transport our motorhome & taking care of all our extra’s (laundry drops, coffee collects, shopping, etc). In fact I would go as far as to say their involvement has largely contributed to me been able to achieve the last 2 Epics on my rigid steel SS bike. The Epic is so hard and by having a happy environment to fall back onto each day is such a big advantage. Kudos to Trail and Tar…………….Grant, Ant & Joel u rock!” – Max & Isabelle Menzies