ONE-ON-ONE Consultations with Debbie our Nutritionist:
1. Health and weight assessments with eating plans that are tailored specifically to the clients lifestyle and long term goals
2. Sports nutrition for pre, during and post exercise
3. Supplementation assessment and advice
A good diet is central to overall good health, but do you know the best foods to include in your meals, and those best avoided? We look at the facts, to help you make realistic, informed choices.
The key to a healthy balanced diet is not to ban or omit any foods or food groups but to balance what you eat by consuming a variety of foods from each food group in the right proportions for good health.
Understanding Body Mass Index
BMI stands for Body Mass Index. It is important to know what your BMI does and does not indicate about your weight, health and lifestyle choices. Your BMI is calculated from your height and weight. It is a fairly reliable indicator of body fat for most adults, with athletes and the elderly being two exceptions. We will calculate you BMI and assist with a healthy, balanced eating plan that can also be adapted to your exercise schedule.
To exercise consistently, you need to provide a good supply of high-quality energy to your working muscles. The easiest way to do this is to eat a balanced breakfast and continue eating a variety of high-quality foods throughout the day.
Carbohydrate in the form of glycogen is the fuel that makes exercise possible, so adequate carbs must be eaten each day if you hope to train consistently. Protein and fat also have a place in your diet and should be consumed daily. In general, each meal should contain a varied combination of carbohydrates, protein and fat.
We will assist you with a pre, during and post exercise plan. Advice on the right supplementation for exercise and general well-being will be offered in the BG FIT Studio.
Hammer endurance fuels and supplements:
Hammer Products have distinct advantages that differentiate it from its competitors as detailed below :
1. Carbs: Not all carbs are alike; Hammer only uses long chain sugars (maltodextrin). All of the other companies use some form of simple sugar, even if it’s from natural fruit. Many use both the long chain sugar (maltodextrin) and short chain sugar (Fructose, Dextrose, Sucrose, Natural Fruit) which contrast the effects of each other and thus render the properties of the long chain sugar ineffective.
2. Sodium: Hammer promotes a low sodium diet and thus low sodium needs during training and events. Electrolyte replacement is not all sodium, but a delicate blend of the electrolyte minerals in specific percentages. All of these other companies view high sodium as the answer to stave off dehydration.
Other Hammer Nutrition benefits
- Health Food for Athletes – no simple sugars, Fructose or other forms of simple sugars, no artificial flavors or colors, GMO-free products
- utilize xylitol beneficial for gum and dental health.
- Provides large amount of free nutritional advice and information on how to fuel.
- Price is value compared to other gels and sports drinks on the market.
- Promotes Low Sodium diet and thus low sodium needs during training and events.
- Promotes intake of calories of what you can assimilate, not what you have to replace.
- Uses very high quality ingredients in all products
All Hammer products Diabetic friendly and endorsed by the Diabetic and Wellness association. (www.diabeteswellness.org and www.diabetesandsports.com/shopping.html)
So whether it is sprint or olympic distance triathlons to Ironman or Multisport , adventure cycle racing to marathons , Hammer can offer you fuels that will not only make you go the distance, but will also improve your performance time, remember “FUEL RIGHT , FEEL GREAT”