Lesotho Sky is proper mountain biking and the 2016 race route is sure to set your adrenalin buzzer on high alert. Sean Fraenkel, one of the owners of Trail and Tar did the event in 2014. He also grew up in Ladybrand which is on the border of Lesotho and the capital Maseru, where his father had his engineering business for nearly 35 years. With Sean’s knowledge of the local area and keen interest in stage racing, he has put together a travel package to get rider ‘s from Bloemfontein airport to the event and back.
Lesotho Sky Travel Package info:
Our travel package includes:
• Transport Bloemfontein Airport to Ramabanta ( in Lesotho) on 17 September at 15h00
• Transport: Ramabanta to Bloemfontein Airport on 25 September
• Dinner, Bed and Breakfast on 17 September in Ramabanta: (Back Packer – 3 persons per
• Bike assembly on arrival in Ramabanta
• Bike boxing on last day of race (rider to supply own box/case)
• 7.5% discount voucher on massage, tech support and parts offered by http://
enduroplanet.co.za/product/lesotho-sky-maintenance-package-2016/ . Rider needs to arrange
this directly with Christo Roos (firstname.lastname@example.org )
COST: R2200 PER PERSON
Travel Package managed by:
Cell: 072 211 8685
Suggested flights for riders traveling from Cape Town – Bloem – Cape Town:
Saturday 17 Sept CPT – Bloem: SAA Express Flight SA 1087 Depart 13h20:
- No extra baggage charge for one bike per passenger.
- CO2 cartridge must be packed with bike.
- Book Here: http://www.flysaa.com/
- Cost on 26 April: +-R1700 one way
Sunday 25 September Bloem – CPT: Mango Flight JE413 depart 14h00
- R300 extra charge one way per bicycle per passenger
- 1 x CO2 Cartirdge per rider to be packed in hand luggage only
- Book Here: https://www.flymango.com/
- Cost on 26 April (plus R300 extra baggage): +-R1400
Service /Massage Package:
- Service package offered by http://enduroplanet.co.za/
- Rider’s need to book their own service/massage package directly
- Our Travel package customers customers get 7.5% discount on massage, tech support and parts. Use promo code “Trail and Tar” when booking with Christo Roos at Enduro Planet.
- Note all bike’s must be boxed in a bike box/ travel bag. Bike boxing service can be booked at Trail and Tar in Tokai. Contact Grant: email@example.com / 021 712 1781.
- Sean Fraenkel from Trail and Tar will help rider’s assemble/disassemble their bikes again in Lesotho if required.
- Valid in date passport